Thursday, October 21, 2010

USA - The Best Shows on TV, Overall

I can't get enough of USA and their own shows that they have created.  The ones I like are White Collar, Covert Affairs and  Burn Notice.  The rest I can do without.  I wish they would bring Alias on during the day, instead of playing endless episodes of NCIS.
    White Collar is very good, unique enough to be good, and failed only in the season 1 finale and season 2 premiere. They should have played off of the respect that Peter the FBI agent had gained for Neal Caffrey after he decided to stay and work with Peter in the finale.
     Covert Affairs needs to toughen Annie up.  They have only showed one episode where she focuses on getting tougher, when fights is where she has her biggest weakness.  They could have this be the development part for her character.  She should feel week because of her lack of fighting ability, and then be able to overcome this through out the show.  They could get some ideas from Nikita for how to develop her physically.She starts the show out being so good at so many things, but they don't show her thinking of herself as having a serious weakness when it comes to fighting. I really like the set for the FBI headquarters, and liked the unattached and alone nature of the character, please just don't hook her up permanently, it will ruin the mystique of the show.
    Burn Notice is the best action show on TV.  I love all the spy tips Michael Weston (Jeffery Donovan) gives and have even grown to like his mother's (Sharon Gless') role on the show.  At first I couldn't stand her, but once I realized she is just like a normal person in the show, and has to act like an idiot in tense moments, because that's what normal people, especially parents do.  Bruce Campbell is fantastic, he gives Michael a pivot point to keep from going off the deep end. I hope the romance between Fiona and Michael is kept low key for at least another season.  The character of Jesse I don't really like to well, but I do think a usable 4th character now and again is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment